Saturday, May 16, 2009

Alpha Blog Post

Ah, in the title lies a lie. This is not my first blog. There is another....created a long, long time ago...that hides in anonymity still. The mystery, the intrigue, the...moving on. Doesn't "musings" sound like music? Like the lyrical connections a mind makes between seemingly unrelated thoughts? Which reminds me of something that happened the other day.

Some friends and I went to a restaurant to celebrate a good friend's 26th birthday and a strange thing happened. We said we'd start with their red house wine and the server smoothly responded, "No, we'll start with your IDs". We looked at him blankly until my friend said, "Uh...the red...?" and he repeated, "No, your IDs." Bemused, we showed them to him and he, satisfied, brought us our wine. Seems like an innocuous incident, doesn't it? Completely forgettable? And yet it wasn't....

Strangely sometimes it's the most average of events that make one ponder the largest questions about life... questions about growing older, future babies, careers, dreams, and what on earth this blog is going to be about....

And the answer is...I don't have any. I just said I had questions. But really first blogs aren't so much about anything as they about nothing. In the end, they're just a way to say hello. Which is all I'm trying to say. So...hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment